« Home | And so to make a long story short, I got into Anne... » | So I called Annenberg today and spoke to one of t... » | ***UPDATE***Would someone please leave me a commen... » | 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0Hap... » | The Mooninites are coming! Click here if you don... » | Internet piracy and off shore data havens? Recent... » | So recently I was asked to share my experience in ... » | Ever wondered where the ratings on Rate My Profess... » | The digital messiah has come. » | Mobile phones are everyone including Saddam Hussei... » 

Saturday, March 03, 2007 

I'm sick. Bad sick. I have a cold which my roommate was so gracious as to share with me. Given that I'm so miserable I have accepted my friend, Qians offer of Chinese medicine to treat it. It's funny she doesn't trust medicine in the United States so she brings it all from home but I've just taken something I can't even read the packaging. They look like little neon green skittles or M&M's. She tells me "It's very common in China, don't worry. Just vitamin C and some medicine." Medicine...seems a little vague. I'll let you know if my heart explodes.

Labels:

It's not that Chinese are suspicious of U.S medicine. They are just too used to Chinese therapies and medicine.They bring the pills from China ust to save time and avoid unnecessary trouble to see the doctor. Especially some easily diagnosed symptoms, ie. cough.

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who: Scott Sanders
  • When: 8-22-1981
  • Scott Sanders is a PhD student at the University of Southern California in the Annenberg School of Communication. His research interests lie in how people use communication technologies to maintain and support interpersonal relationships.

View My Stats

Don't step down, Miss Julie. Listen to me--no one would believe that you stepped down of your own accord; people always say that one falls down. -- Jean, Miss Julie.