« Home | Liminal - that's the word I would use to describe ... » | Far be it for me to laugh at anyone but...well I c... » | I’ve been meaning to blog this for a while but I’v... » | This is from my Communication and Technology class... » | A Matter of Tactics: Interpersonal vs. Social Iden... » | I had to share these with somebody. My first one ... » | It's Saturday night and well...I went grocery shop... » | Ok. So here are the field notes from an observatio... » | Well it's official guys...I'm going to China! I go... » | Well it looks like I'm probably going to be going ... » 

Thursday, March 16, 2006 

I've decided that transcript may be tedious but in some way's it's very rewarding. Right now I'm working doing some transcription work for a member of my department who is working on her dissertation. I'm not going to go in depth (because that would be unethical...I'm sure the interviews were conducted with a statement concerning confidentiality) but listening to the stories being told by this old couple of the trials and tribulations they had to face in life is heartbreaking but at the same time it makes me want to meet them. They're very much the salt of the earth, but they stress honesty, hard work, perseverance, and equality. I mean if they really live the way they talk it makes you want to be a better person. This isn't even my project and I guess I can see how people can become intimately involved in their interviews. Weird.

_________

That being said if you're ever doing transcription from digital recordings make sure to download the free Express Scribe software....

About me

  • Who: Scott Sanders
  • When: 8-22-1981
  • Scott Sanders is a PhD student at the University of Southern California in the Annenberg School of Communication. His research interests lie in how people use communication technologies to maintain and support interpersonal relationships.

View My Stats

Don't step down, Miss Julie. Listen to me--no one would believe that you stepped down of your own accord; people always say that one falls down. -- Jean, Miss Julie.