« Home | “On the Internet, nobody knows you’re a dog.” Sinc... » | The only way to truly prevent data theft from old ... » | Read my friend Jordan's blog The Bear in Nepal for... » | When I was 12 my parents bought a second hand set ... » | The following is an excerpt from an mass email I r... » | I found this on my cell phone. I'd forgotten I'd ... » | Blogging couldn’t save Howard Dean. Wired magazin... » | So I'm trying something new. Let me know if anyon... » | Yesterday A. and I decided to try to cook Indian s... » | At least the social sciences seem to be the most h... » 

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 

It seems that lately I may be required reading for a graduate level course (LIS 590 CMC: Computer-Mediated Communication) at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The past year I have been writing on a collaboratively written blog for my computer-mediated communication and new technology courses at Purdue. However, my final paper last spring did not include a byline attributing authorship so people assumed that my professor, Sorin Matei, had written it. As a result if you scroll through the syllabus you’ll find my paper, SIDE Theory, Small World Networks, and Smart Mob Formation: A Beginners Guide assigned for the week of September 21st as what appears to be required reading. I’ve since added a byline to my original paper and Sorin plans to notify the instructor as to the authorship. Honestly, I don’t have near the intellectual pedigree that Sorin does. Still I have to admit that I’m flattered that I’ve found myself in such good company as Rich Ling, Joe Walther, and Sherry Turkle…I wonder how long before they fix it.

About me

  • Who: Scott Sanders
  • When: 8-22-1981
  • Scott Sanders is a PhD student at the University of Southern California in the Annenberg School of Communication. His research interests lie in how people use communication technologies to maintain and support interpersonal relationships.

View My Stats

Don't step down, Miss Julie. Listen to me--no one would believe that you stepped down of your own accord; people always say that one falls down. -- Jean, Miss Julie.