« Home | When I was 12 my parents bought a second hand set ... » | The following is an excerpt from an mass email I r... » | I found this on my cell phone. I'd forgotten I'd ... » | Blogging couldn’t save Howard Dean. Wired magazin... » | So I'm trying something new. Let me know if anyon... » | Yesterday A. and I decided to try to cook Indian s... » | At least the social sciences seem to be the most h... » | Don't you hate it when the science fiction writers... » | This weekend I took a little excursion into Chicag... » | Those dastardly IT folks here at Purdue!!! This ye... » 

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 

Read my friend Jordan's blog The Bear in Nepal for some hilarious stories of his hijinks abroad...

_________

Below is my experiment in cooking Korean style tofu. First, you have to drain the tofu by acutally putting a weight on it to squeeze out the water (I forgot to do this at first and was wondering why it didn't fry up right). Once you've done that fry it up as shown below.

Then throw all the tofu in a pot with some beef broth (I spiced mine up by cooking a can of Campbells beef broth with minced garlic and ginger). Additional sauce ingredients are sake, sugar, chilipepper and soy sauce. Allow to cook. Add a little bit of beef but make sure it's submerge so it will cook.




Bubblin' merrily...

Add some green onions (I messed up and added some too early which I had to pick out) when about half the broth is gone...

When you can no longer see much broth pull the whole mess off the fire and sprinkle with a little sesame oil. Serve hot.

About me

  • Who: Scott Sanders
  • When: 8-22-1981
  • Scott Sanders is a PhD student at the University of Southern California in the Annenberg School of Communication. His research interests lie in how people use communication technologies to maintain and support interpersonal relationships.

View My Stats

Don't step down, Miss Julie. Listen to me--no one would believe that you stepped down of your own accord; people always say that one falls down. -- Jean, Miss Julie.