« Home | According to the Routledge Encyclopedia of Religio... » | Facebook update:The facebook team has issued an ap... » | The online social networking site Facebook has fin... » | Oh this is just so beautiful... Charlton Heston b... » | Ah, my first post of September. You know what I r... » | Ah, Forbes. You have to laugh at these people for ... » | I found Lychees (this asian fruit I was eating in ... » | Howard Rheingold in the introduction to his book V... » | People really need to get their priorities in orde... » | I had a really good weekend. The weekend prior to ... » 

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 

Those dastardly IT folks here at Purdue!!! This year they've placed printing limits on how much you can print and if you exceed that you'll be charged for it. This is a direct result of the stupid and wasteful undergraduate culture that heavily relies on flyers to advertise upcoming events. They'll take these flyers and tape them to the ground with one about every five feet...literally. As a result they waste a tremendous amount of paper. So as a graduate student I've been limited to 1000 copies black and white...

But wait! I've found a loop hole. If you go to the library and use one of about eight public access stations that don't require a login you won't be charged for printing. Take that! I'm fighting the system by going at odd hours to print. If you think I'm giving my secrets away and that now I'll have to compete for a workstation because I'm blogging this you're fooling yourself. Nobody at Purdue reads my blog and even if they do this article will be pushed down the page before too much longer.....

About me

  • Who: Scott Sanders
  • When: 8-22-1981
  • Scott Sanders is a PhD student at the University of Southern California in the Annenberg School of Communication. His research interests lie in how people use communication technologies to maintain and support interpersonal relationships.

View My Stats

Don't step down, Miss Julie. Listen to me--no one would believe that you stepped down of your own accord; people always say that one falls down. -- Jean, Miss Julie.