« Home | I had a really good weekend. The weekend prior to ... » | I'm bored and sick of cleaning....I guess that I s... » | So I've been moving in to my new apartment the pas... » | Today my brother was working on his boat getting i... » | So apparently some people don't have the same posi... » | So I made it home safe and sound for those who wer... » | Jen missed her flight. I woke up this morning to ... » | This is the first time I've been able to see my bl... » | I'm surrounded by computer nerds. I hear the heavy... » | Hostel computers are expensive. I'm alive and in ... » 

Friday, August 25, 2006 

People really need to get their priorities in order although I can't say I'm much better. There's an article right now on BBC that discusses how people value their Ipods more than their passports and how in general that's a really bad idea. Sign of the times.

______

Today is Friday. I'm sure that didn't escape anyone's notice. However, more importantly I don't teach or go to class on Fridays this semester which leaves it to me to find the discipline deep down inside of me to actually be productive. Well I've been productive so far today. I've woke up, read the news, and written blog entry. If that's not productive I don't know what is.

On a different note I think I'm going to like the classes I'm taking this semester. Family Communication sounds really interesting and we have to come up with a topic for our term paper within three weeks. I'm still banging around with ideas but I think that I'm going to do something with geographically dispersed families. Online social interaction should also be fun. I'm posting the link to the syllabus but at the time of this posting it hasn't been functioning. Hopefully it'll be up soon as I'd like to get a start scheduling my readings and diving into the material.

About me

  • Who: Scott Sanders
  • When: 8-22-1981
  • Scott Sanders is a PhD student at the University of Southern California in the Annenberg School of Communication. His research interests lie in how people use communication technologies to maintain and support interpersonal relationships.

View My Stats

Don't step down, Miss Julie. Listen to me--no one would believe that you stepped down of your own accord; people always say that one falls down. -- Jean, Miss Julie.