« Home | So apparently some people don't have the same posi... » | So I made it home safe and sound for those who wer... » | Jen missed her flight. I woke up this morning to ... » | This is the first time I've been able to see my bl... » | I'm surrounded by computer nerds. I hear the heavy... » | Hostel computers are expensive. I'm alive and in ... » | This will probably be short...I'm about to teach c... » | I'm going to play football with my students. This... » | Yesterday I decided I wanted to do something nice ... » | I'm back from Datong.... I'm really glad that I we... » 

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 

Today my brother was working on his boat getting it ready to sail and sell and he managed to get super glue into his eye. Judging by the cursing and the yelling it probably hurt alot (that may be an understatement). Super Glue Corporation's website suggests that you "use of a warmed 3% sodium bicarbonate solution to wash eyes repeatedly may assist in aiding more rapid removal of the adhesive." Great now I know exactly what to do. In an emergency situation involving say, I don't know...someone's eyes being exposed to an adhesive, don't you think that having the clearest possible directions in the most non-sciency language would probably be beneficial to a majority of the public? Click here to find out what those of us without a degree in chemistry call sodium bicarbonate (you probably already have it in your house...)

About me

  • Who: Scott Sanders
  • When: 8-22-1981
  • Scott Sanders is a PhD student at the University of Southern California in the Annenberg School of Communication. His research interests lie in how people use communication technologies to maintain and support interpersonal relationships.

View My Stats

Don't step down, Miss Julie. Listen to me--no one would believe that you stepped down of your own accord; people always say that one falls down. -- Jean, Miss Julie.