« Home | I'm going to play football with my students. This... » | Yesterday I decided I wanted to do something nice ... » | I'm back from Datong.... I'm really glad that I we... » | Going dark for a few days...nobody panic. I'm hea... » | The taxi cabs have no seat belts and are dirt chea... » | My student's have all been asking me for English n... » | So I barely have time to eat. As some of you might... » | This is what happens when you try to get someone t... » | So the big news is that I have new pictures up fro... » | So yesterday evening we went out to eat and after ... » 

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 

This will probably be short...I'm about to teach class. Yesterday I realized that my students hadn't understood the movie I had shown them the day before (The Recruit) so I asked them if they would like to go play football (soccer) in the afternoon. They jumped at the opportunity. We met in the room at 2:40 and biked over to the pitch. These kids were all really good. I mean scary good. I wasn't about to be able to keep up. I did have a few advantages though. I outweigh many of them by about twenty to thirty pounds and when they come barreling into me they loose their footing.

Since being in China I haven't seen anyone take off their shirt for any reason, even sports so I was hoping that I wouldn't offend my students by peeling my off by the time I got to the pitch. To my surprise they were already dividing into shirts and skins when I got there. Other teachers have told me they couldn't get their kids to do that but mine did it on their own.

About me

  • Who: Scott Sanders
  • When: 8-22-1981
  • Scott Sanders is a PhD student at the University of Southern California in the Annenberg School of Communication. His research interests lie in how people use communication technologies to maintain and support interpersonal relationships.

View My Stats

Don't step down, Miss Julie. Listen to me--no one would believe that you stepped down of your own accord; people always say that one falls down. -- Jean, Miss Julie.