« Home | So I've been moving in to my new apartment the pas... » | Today my brother was working on his boat getting i... » | So apparently some people don't have the same posi... » | So I made it home safe and sound for those who wer... » | Jen missed her flight. I woke up this morning to ... » | This is the first time I've been able to see my bl... » | I'm surrounded by computer nerds. I hear the heavy... » | Hostel computers are expensive. I'm alive and in ... » | This will probably be short...I'm about to teach c... » | I'm going to play football with my students. This... » 

Monday, August 14, 2006 

I'm bored and sick of cleaning....I guess that I should have someone come and actually turn on my internet but I haven't gotten around to it. Right now I'm sitting in the Communication departments grad lab which is notoriously sterile with their cream colored walls and posters of beach scenes that are supposed to distract you from the fact that you spend most of your days in rooms without windows. There are little announcements on the door reminding you of mandatory meetings, optional upcoming lessons, and that you ought to pay your dues to the graduate student association. Over that it's just the hum of the air conditioner. One day I'll have an office with a window on it. Until that day I'll just have to be content in my 12 by 12 cell that I share with four other people. Yeah.

On the bright side I think I've finally got my apartment mostly cleaned up and have put most of my things away. This would be perfect except that I have a leaky sink now....

About me

  • Who: Scott Sanders
  • When: 8-22-1981
  • Scott Sanders is a PhD student at the University of Southern California in the Annenberg School of Communication. His research interests lie in how people use communication technologies to maintain and support interpersonal relationships.

View My Stats

Don't step down, Miss Julie. Listen to me--no one would believe that you stepped down of your own accord; people always say that one falls down. -- Jean, Miss Julie.