« Home | This is to keep the kiddies entertained... Parents... » | Wow! I have a lot coming up right now. I'm getti... » | I wanna go to China bad. I love to travel. The f... » | Jack's Back!!! Alright I have to admit it...I've ... » | So everyone likes free music right? Check out t... » | So my buddy Nick is dragging me with him to go lif... » | Last night I had a dream that I was going to be on... » | Hey everyone! Check out ALICE 2.o, the 3d graphic ... » | A Culture of Connectivity: Control and Marginaliza... » | The world is frozen...it snowed. I don't particul... » 

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 

Ok so here's an exchange between my brothers regarding current events. Keep in mind that the opinions expressed here are not my own.


Paul: Ok so on my breaks I have been reading about the Muslim backlash as a result
of all of the "offensive" cartoons depicting Mohammed. What really cracks
me up is the Danish reaction to having their flag burned. The media says
that the danes aren't used to seeing their flags burned. Something that we
all take for granted here in America. I guess I just kinda assumed that
some Muslim entrepreneur keeps a stock pile of American flags and sells them
anytime there is a reason to protest America. That "kinda" makes sense to
me but where the hell are all the Danish Flags coming from that they are
burning now. I wouldn't even know how to go about buying a Danish flag
short of the internet. So are they ordering them for the specific purpose
of burning them? Perhaps, grandma makes them, either way it seems kinda
sad.

Stuart:Come on dude, you haven't been buying flags from this site? I mean, it's sofast and easy, or and affordable.Plus, they don't just do flags. Coozies, trapper keepers, shot glasses, evenbig fuzzy house shoes. I personally enjoy my big Danish Comforter on my bed.Oh I also got an autographed picture of Prime Minister Anders FoghRasmussen. Gosh I hope the signature is genuine.

_____________

That being said there's a professor in my department that always comes around about three and gives everyone in the grad lab a cookie. I don't know why but that makes me feel good.

About me

  • Who: Scott Sanders
  • When: 8-22-1981
  • Scott Sanders is a PhD student at the University of Southern California in the Annenberg School of Communication. His research interests lie in how people use communication technologies to maintain and support interpersonal relationships.

View My Stats

Don't step down, Miss Julie. Listen to me--no one would believe that you stepped down of your own accord; people always say that one falls down. -- Jean, Miss Julie.