« Home | Watch this .... this is really vicious. ________... » | I think I'm so clever....SIDE Theory, Small World ... » | One week left. I should be in Arkansas in one wee... » | So I ran across this article while checking out so... » | So apparently my blog may not display correctly if... » | Fighting burnout...must keep typing...focus..... » | Almost done. 2 more weeks. I'm metaphorically li... » | Alright just a warning this is going to be a rant.... » | MUST SELL NOW!!!MOVING !!!One used Kidney, Fair Co... » | I'm totally guilty of copyright infringement here.... » 

Saturday, May 13, 2006 

Tomorrow I leave for Europe with my family. Watch the blog for updates...not that anyone other than my brother actually reads this thing. Oh, well that's not really the purpose of it.

Anyway...Tomorrow I'm leaving for Europe. Traveling with someone can be stressful. My entire family is signed up for this trek across a continent so I just hope that my parents realize that while I love them and want to spend a majority of my time with them on this trip I may need to slip away for a few hours on some days. There's only so much you can take of anyone. Still I'm looking forward to it.

Lately, I've been my mother's errand boy. I've been rushing about trying to get things done that "must" be completed prior to departure. This includes planting begonias. All Thursday afternoon I spent squatted in the flower beds of the front yard punching holes in the ground and filling them back in with small plants. I say punching because I was using this tool that quite literally took a circular hunk of soil out of the ground. The result was a thick layer of dark, fertile top soil with bottom layer of rust orange Arkansas clay. It reminded me of a parfeit in an ice cream shop. The occasional nightcrawler would wriggle out, incensed that I would have accidently cut it in half. When I was finished I stood in the shower trying to get the dirt from under my fingernails with a file and a brush. It took more effort than I anticipated. Still mission accomplished...

About me

  • Who: Scott Sanders
  • When: 8-22-1981
  • Scott Sanders is a PhD student at the University of Southern California in the Annenberg School of Communication. His research interests lie in how people use communication technologies to maintain and support interpersonal relationships.

View My Stats

Don't step down, Miss Julie. Listen to me--no one would believe that you stepped down of your own accord; people always say that one falls down. -- Jean, Miss Julie.