« Home | So one of the Chinese grad students stopped me in ... » | So my brothers exchange has come to an end. Paul ... » | Check out the class blog for my Communication and ... » | So I went and talked to the Tsinghua University fo... » | Ok so here's an exchange between my brothers regar... » | This is to keep the kiddies entertained... Parents... » | Wow! I have a lot coming up right now. I'm getti... » | I wanna go to China bad. I love to travel. The f... » | Jack's Back!!! Alright I have to admit it...I've ... » | So everyone likes free music right? Check out t... » 

Sunday, February 12, 2006 


So I guess this proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'm a bachelor living alone. Condiments anyone?

____________
One of my entries from my class blog:

Those of you that went to lunch with Simson Garfinkel in January may remember how insistent he was that we move towards using certified email to prevent spam. He estimated that people received about 100 messages a day (which at the time I thought was a gross over statement) and therefore needed a manner to filter legitimate mail from trash. His solution was the use of certified email which has a security token embedded in it that must be verified prior to going to an individuals email box.

While everyone complains about spam very little has been done to regulate or prevent it. This makes it ironic that now that AOL is introducing a system to prevent spam that they are being accused of scheming to improve their profit margin. Apparently some people believe that this is just another way to nickel and dime them to death for internet use. Check out the link. Would anyone else like to see a program like this get off the ground?

About me

  • Who: Scott Sanders
  • When: 8-22-1981
  • Scott Sanders is a PhD student at the University of Southern California in the Annenberg School of Communication. His research interests lie in how people use communication technologies to maintain and support interpersonal relationships.

View My Stats

Don't step down, Miss Julie. Listen to me--no one would believe that you stepped down of your own accord; people always say that one falls down. -- Jean, Miss Julie.