« Home | I'm driving almost all of I-40 this summer. I'm o... » | Greetings! I'm back on the road for the summer an... » | I'll admit it. I ride a bicycle and I wear a helm... » | Ok my suspicions have been confirmed....For those ... » | 500 hits? So for whatever reason one of my postin... » | Well I'm making the switch to Apple. I think wher... » | It shouldn't snow in mid-April... » | Last week Genevieve Bell, an Intel funded anthropo... » | For anyone that doesn't know by now I will be atte... » | I've mentioned police using social networking site... » 

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 

I'm safe and sound in Seoul (How's that for alliteration?). The flight over here was brutal and I didn't sleep alot. Right now it's one o'clock in the morning and I'm getting to go to bed. Let me just say that Koreans are super polite/nice people. It's like the twilight zone coming from the midwest where I've been hanging out for the past couple of years. I met an exchange student on the plane and a nice Korean lady that immigrated to Canada but after 20 years still couldn't really speak English (she was in Vancouver...no excuse). She helped me know which bus stop to get off at. Then a young woman stopped in the middle of the night to ask me if I was lost. It's just wild.

So I paid about 17 USD for my hostel bed but I have the entire room to myself. It's sparse and showing wear but it's clean. They even had these crazy little plastic clogs for the shower. To top it off I turned on the TV and watched what channel came on. Anyone that's seen MTV in states will not find it hard to believe that the Korean version seems to be better. It's not the high quality of the latter but rather the baseness of the former. It probably helps that I can't understand what they're saying. I imagine I would think more highly of American MTV then. That's all I've got. I'm heading to bed.

Labels: ,

Remember you must post pictures while you are traveling... Just let us know if your putting them on flickr or facebook. I will make sure the parental units see them.

Pablo

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who: Scott Sanders
  • When: 8-22-1981
  • Scott Sanders is a PhD student at the University of Southern California in the Annenberg School of Communication. His research interests lie in how people use communication technologies to maintain and support interpersonal relationships.

View My Stats

Don't step down, Miss Julie. Listen to me--no one would believe that you stepped down of your own accord; people always say that one falls down. -- Jean, Miss Julie.