« Home | So what is Seoul food like? Well yesterday I tried... » | I'm safe and sound in Seoul (How's that for allite... » | I'm driving almost all of I-40 this summer. I'm o... » | Greetings! I'm back on the road for the summer an... » | I'll admit it. I ride a bicycle and I wear a helm... » | Ok my suspicions have been confirmed....For those ... » | 500 hits? So for whatever reason one of my postin... » | Well I'm making the switch to Apple. I think wher... » | It shouldn't snow in mid-April... » | Last week Genevieve Bell, an Intel funded anthropo... » 

Friday, June 22, 2007 

So yesterday evening I met up with my buddy Chris and some of his friends here in Korea and we went out to eat. They brought out these two huge pans of meat and vegtables that they cooked on a little portable burner placed in the middle of the table. It was full of seafood and beef.

So....I tried soju last night. As the english teachers that I've been hanging out with note it's pumped full of chemicals which I presume act as a preservative and make it a little rough on you the morning after. It's only 40 proof liquor and it's made from sweet potatoes of all things so it has a smooth, sweet, mellow taste that allows for the liquor to sneak up on the unwary.

Previously in the afternoon, I took a tour of of the Korean palaces and I met a frenchman that has been working in Philidelphia and we went out to get a drink. Thus I tried Korean beer, which unlike Chinese beer, seems almost indistinguishable from the American stuff. They're just really light lagers.

Labels: ,

About me

  • Who: Scott Sanders
  • When: 8-22-1981
  • Scott Sanders is a PhD student at the University of Southern California in the Annenberg School of Communication. His research interests lie in how people use communication technologies to maintain and support interpersonal relationships.

View My Stats

Don't step down, Miss Julie. Listen to me--no one would believe that you stepped down of your own accord; people always say that one falls down. -- Jean, Miss Julie.