« Home | So riht not I'm in a hostel in Chengdu that's pret... » | So Tsinghua English Summer Camp 2007 has finally c... » | So apparently I can no longer post to my blog thro... » | So on Friday I gave everyone a little scare. I do... » | So today I went to the Lama Temple in Beijing and ... » | So I'm in China. I start data collection on my pr... » | I'm a rock star. I just finished my first couple ... » | Yesterday one of my professors from Purdue, Jay Wa... » | Ripped from an email to my friend Chris: "....Bei... » | I have made it to China safe and sound. Pirates d... » 

Saturday, July 28, 2007 

I wrote a nice long post yesterday about my travel companions, The Walking
Phrase Book, AKA Chrissy Shaw from UT and Eric Whittington, a Baylor college
student. Literally as I was hitting post the power went out to the hostel so I
don't think that it went through. Oh well.

The hostel itself is an old Chinese house with a courtyard and cheesy chinese
lanterns with the hostels name, Dragon Town, emblazoned on the side of them.
Three stories of balconies and rooms facing the courtyard ring this place that
has it's own ambiance and thus feels a little corny. It's the sort of hostel
they'd choose to film in a movie somewhere.

I'm in Chengdu and I'm taking a day trip out to Leshan which supposedly has the
worlds largest buddha. Then I'm going to be going on a long trip up to some
place that begins with a J that is famous among the Chinese as it is a large
glacier. I am resolved I will not fall into any crevices or freeze to death.

For those of my readers certain of my eminent demise let me assure them that I
am very much alive and traveling, safe and happy, well and fit. I will provide
more info as to my escapades as my journey continues.

About me

  • Who: Scott Sanders
  • When: 8-22-1981
  • Scott Sanders is a PhD student at the University of Southern California in the Annenberg School of Communication. His research interests lie in how people use communication technologies to maintain and support interpersonal relationships.

View My Stats

Don't step down, Miss Julie. Listen to me--no one would believe that you stepped down of your own accord; people always say that one falls down. -- Jean, Miss Julie.