« Home | So I've technically been to North Korea. Yesterda... » | So yesterday evening I met up with my buddy Chris ... » | So what is Seoul food like? Well yesterday I tried... » | I'm safe and sound in Seoul (How's that for allite... » | I'm driving almost all of I-40 this summer. I'm o... » | Greetings! I'm back on the road for the summer an... » | I'll admit it. I ride a bicycle and I wear a helm... » | Ok my suspicions have been confirmed....For those ... » | 500 hits? So for whatever reason one of my postin... » | Well I'm making the switch to Apple. I think wher... » 

Sunday, June 24, 2007 

So yesterday I took the KTX from Seoul to Daegu which reaches a top speed of 300 km per hour shooting through the Korean country side. Let me tell you something right now: Korea is really mountainous. It made me miss my mountain bike. Luckily Chris actually has a pretty nice bike that he said that he would let me ride if I wanted. Yeah!

So from what little I saw Seoul is a bit more polished than Daegu. Daegu has some trash in the streets while even the back alleys of central Seoul seemed to be spotless. Also there is a bit of a difference in how people dress. The teachers from Daegu complained that a lot of the times the Koreans were stuck in the 80's and that the women in Seoul showed quite a bit more skin.

Alright I'm heading out to a Buddhist temple today and I may spend the night out there. We'll see how it goes.

About me

  • Who: Scott Sanders
  • When: 8-22-1981
  • Scott Sanders is a PhD student at the University of Southern California in the Annenberg School of Communication. His research interests lie in how people use communication technologies to maintain and support interpersonal relationships.

View My Stats

Don't step down, Miss Julie. Listen to me--no one would believe that you stepped down of your own accord; people always say that one falls down. -- Jean, Miss Julie.