« Home | I’ve been traveling all summer and I’ve come to th... » | So a lot has happened over the past week or so. I... » | So yesterday we went to Leshan (literally "Happy M... » | I wrote a nice long post yesterday about my travel... » | So riht not I'm in a hostel in Chengdu that's pret... » | So Tsinghua English Summer Camp 2007 has finally c... » | So apparently I can no longer post to my blog thro... » | So on Friday I gave everyone a little scare. I do... » | So today I went to the Lama Temple in Beijing and ... » | So I'm in China. I start data collection on my pr... » 

Thursday, August 16, 2007 

So this morning I woke up, went downstairs to the parking lot which lies beneath my hostel to find my door open and my trunk ajar and all my stuff gone. I've lost somewhere between three and four thousand dollars worth of stuff and I'm unlikely to see it again. Oh well.

The most surprising thing to me is how I'm taking it. After the initial "oh shit" moment I've been pretty laid back about it. I mean it's not coming back. You can't cry over spilled milk. Still I liked my clothes, my pictures, my journal, and my computer. I loved my ipod and the little mementos I've picked up throughout my life. They're gone now. In some ways it all makes a sick amount of sense to me. I'm in a new city, a new school year, and whether by force or choice my life has been washed clean of a lot of it's former trappings.

Wish me luck.

Maybe you should take this as a sign and start your own fight club in LA. Find a house to squat in and start beating people.

So I just realized you had a blog and am so far behind (as are you ... it's 2008 you know!)

They stole your clothes and photos, too? Weird...

Post a Comment

About me

  • Who: Scott Sanders
  • When: 8-22-1981
  • Scott Sanders is a PhD student at the University of Southern California in the Annenberg School of Communication. His research interests lie in how people use communication technologies to maintain and support interpersonal relationships.

View My Stats

Don't step down, Miss Julie. Listen to me--no one would believe that you stepped down of your own accord; people always say that one falls down. -- Jean, Miss Julie.